Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hello, World!

Only in a computing environment would those two words carry as much connotation as those do.

I'd apologize for the boring layout, but I like to have a site that can be checked from a work/school computer without drawing undue attention to yourself. So, no apologies.

I just needed a place to rant (usually about how people fail to question everything), and brag about my kids (probably about how they are learning to question everything).  I might never post here again, and instead I'll be holding the http://withagrain.blogspot.com address forever. That's actually part of what took me so long to start a blog, I couldn't think of a good name for it.

I have a variety of hobbies, all of which are covered (very well, in most cases) by a multitude of other blogs. The world did not need another World of Warcraft blog, nor did it need another blog displaying photographs of signs that contain grammatical/spelling errors, nor was there a need for another blog that covers game strategies.

Instead, I decided I'd start a blog about arguing, and seeking resolution. About never taking things at face value, instead, taking them with a grain of salt, and forming your own opinions about things after gathering more information from different sources. There are too many media sources to allow one to dominate your data intake, because no single source is ever non-biased.  You really need to hear both sides of a bias, to determine where the truth lies (not Truth...there are other blogs for that).

Until another time,
Salt

PS I really hope my friends with blogs will correct my typos as nicely as I correct typos for them.

2 comments:

  1. It's about time you started one. ;-) This should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This should be fun.
    I have subscribed to your blog and truly look forward to your take on everything.
    Raising thinking children is a challenge, but a very rewarding one.
    And --- Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete

1. I will not permit personal attacks against me, or any other human being.
2. I will not allow profanity.
3. I will mock poor grammar/spelling, and will encourage others to do so. It's an English blog, not a "netspeak" blog.